Use of Content
BakitWhy.com has one feed for the site:
Kasama Media, LLC, provides a general license to use this feed, provided that its is not modified in anyway (including the stripping of ads) with the exception of image stripping as detailed below:
All commercial uses of feeds (e.g. websites generating revenue through advertisements) must strip all images from the feed to ensure copyright compliance with third party image sources.
- The Site logo and URL must appear prominently at the top of each page displaying site content.
- Internal links in the Site content must not be removed.
- The format or branding of the headlines, text and other information provided in the RSS feeds must not be modified.
- The Site logo and URL must appear prominently at the top of each section displaying site content.
- Content will appear unedited, except for replacement of hyperlinks with full URLs and use of product manufacturer's site links where appropriate.
- Images from a Site must not be used in print without you obtaining the appropriate copyright clearances yourself.
- The RSS feeds may not be spliced into or otherwise redistributed by third-party RSS providers.
- No content, including any advertisements or other promotional content, shall be added to the RSS feeds.
- Images must be removed from open syndication feeds and commercial feeds (please contact Kasama Media, LLC, for more details)
- Kasama Media, LLC, reserves the right to object to your presentation of the RSS feeds and the right to require you to cease using the RSS feeds at any time.
- Kasama Media, LLC, further reserves the right to terminate its distribution of the RSS feeds or change the content or formatting of the RSS feeds at any time without notice to you.
- BakitWhy.com provides this content "as is" and BakitWhy shall not be held liable for your use of the information or the feeds.
- Use of BakitWhy.com's content, including text and images, on your site, or in print, is entirely at your discretion. Kasama Media, LLC, is not responsible for any complaints regarding content or images that you choose to display on your site or in print.
- All posts are property of Kasama Media, LLC, and contributors cannot collect royalties on posted items that they produce.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED, BAKITWHY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES INCLUDING WARRANTIES FOR MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. By accessing the RSS feeds or the XML instructions provided above, you indicate that you understand and agree to these terms and conditions.
Corresponding with BakitWhy.com
Any correspondence with the BakitWhy.com, including any documentation or images, are considered property of Kasama Media, LLC, which reserves the right to reproduce such correspondence, in whole or in part, on BakitWhy.com.
BakitWhy user registration system has been designed so that, if the user so chooses, they can remain completely anonymous, even to us.
In order to make our comments useful and interesting, the following guidelines have been established for comment users:
- Do not post threatening, harassing, defamatory, or libelous material.
- Do not post comments that discriminate based on race, religion, sexuality, gender, or ethnicity.
- Do not intentionally make false or misleading statements.
- Do not offer to sell or buy any product or service.
- Do not post material that infringes copyright.
- Do not post information that you know to be confidential or sensitive or otherwise in breach of the law.
- Keep all comments relevant to the particular page where the comment is being posted.
- BakitWhy will not accept responsibility for information posted in the Comments.
Please note that once you post a comment to one of our sites, it becomes part of the public conversation. Our policy is that we will not remove a user's comments unless we deem them to be in violation of our Terms and Conditions. So if you want to say something that you will later regret personally, it is advisable that you use a username that does not identify you. We cannot remove your comments simply because you have a change of heart about making them.
Kasama Media, LLC, sites typically display images as part of blog posts written by our authors. The types of images authors are authorized to use on Kasama Media, LLC, sites include:
- Images licensed from photographic archive vendors
- Images supplied to our editors or released into the public domain by public relations and marketing companies for press purposes
- Reader-submitted images, with the implied representation that the person submitting the image owns the copyright in the image and the right to give it to us for use on our site(s)
- Images published on Flickr or other public photo sites with licenses granted under Creative Commons, with attribution in accordance with the CC license granted in each case
- Images commissioned by Kasama Media, LLC.
- Images that we believe to be covered by the Fair Use Doctrine, taking into account factors such as:
- The purpose and character of the use (i.e. transformation from the original, use for criticism, satire or parody
- The nature of the copyrighted work (i.e. factual or newsworthy vs creative works)
- The amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the whole (i.e. use of cropped, reduced, low-resolution images used for no more than to convey the point made)
- The effect on the potential market for the copyrighted work (e.g. use that is not substitutive for the original, or would never be licensed in any event)
If Kasama Media, LLC, receives notice that an image posted is not in keeping with these terms and conditions or the intended use of the Comments section where it is posted, we reserve to right to remove that image.
If you think we have published an image or text that infringes your copyright, we will address your concerns; however, if the image falls into one of the categories listed above, we believe that our use of the image is legitimate and we will not remove it from the site.
Please note that we will respond only to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. The text of the Act can be found at the U.S. Copyright Office Web Site, http://lcWeb.loc.gov/copyright/
To file a notice of infringement with us, you must provide a written communication (by email with an attached and signed PDF or by fax) that sets forth the items specified below. Please do not send us regular mail, as we may not receive it in a timely fashion.
To enable us to address your concerns, please provide the following information:
- For each allegedly infringing image or piece of text that you wish to have removed from one of our sites, provide the exact permanent URL for the page containing the material.
- Provide information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you: an email address is preferred, as well as a telephone contact number.
- Provide the following information detailing your claim to ownership of the copyright in the allegedly infringing material:
- Proof of copyright in the image or text concerned, namely proof of registration of the Image under the DMCA,
OR, absent such registration,
- a detailed description of where the photograph was taken, by whom, who or what the subject of the image is, AND
- Evidence to support your claim that you own the copyright in the image.
We will not comply with requests to remove an image where the complainant cannot prove that they own the copyright in the image in question.
- Include the following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed."
- Sign the document and .PDF it to:
admin AT bakitwhy DOT com, RE: BakitWhy.com / DMCA Complaints
Please note that you will be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) if you materially misrepresent that any material on our sites is infringing your copyrights. Should any legal dispute still arise, you must agree to arbitration by a panel of no less than three arbiters, two of which are well-versed in social media and/or Internet business and law.
External Links Disclaimer
BakitWhy.com content routinely contains links to external, third party websites. By providing links to other sites, Kasama Media, LLC, does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to BakitWhy in question.
Kasama Media, LLC, does not operate or control and has no responsibility for the information, products and/or services found on any external sites. Nor do such links represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information, products and/or services provided on or through any external sites, including, without limitation, warranties of any kind, either express or implied, warranties of title or non-infringement or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Visitors to BakitWhy.com assume complete responsibility and risk in their use of any external sites. Visitors should direct any concerns regarding any external link to its site administrator or webmaster.
Notification of Changes
If you have any questions or notices of violations to these terms and conditions, please contact the staff through the contact us page.
Kasama Media, LLC, is the sole owner of the content produced on the site. Kasama Media may collect information from our users at several different points on the site.
BakitWhy.com may launch a mailing list. In order to sign up to receive regular emails, users must submit information including a valid email address and demographic information such as location and interests. This information will be used in aggregate form only in order to assess general user interest in various internal and third party products and services, and your personal and contact information will not be passed to any other organization. Users who choose to sign up for a mailing list will receive regular emails from the site, including new articles added to the site as well as emails from third party site sponsors. If you do not wish to receive emails from third party advertisers, do not sign up for the mailing list.
Discussion Groups and Cookies
By setting a cookie on BakitWhy, users will not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on the site's discussion board or inputting comments. We store a cookie on each user's machine that contains a username and encrypted password. You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to use BakitWhy products or services that require you to "sign in," and you may not be able to take full advantage of all offerings. However, not all BakitWhy services require that you accept cookies.
Third Party Advertising
The ads appearing on this Web site are delivered to you by our Web advertising partners. Information about your visits to this site, such as number of times you have viewed an ad, is used to serve ads to you.
Third Party Cookies
Like most standard Web site servers we use log files. This includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user?s movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, etc. are not linked to personally identifiable information. We may use a tracking utility that uses log files to analyze user movement.
Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, Kasama Media, LLC, may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on the site.
In the event Kasama Media, LLC, or BakitWhy.com goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of a portion of its assets, users' personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred.
BakitWhy.com contain links to other sites. Please be aware that Kasama Media, LLC, is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by Kasama Media, LLC.
Notification of Changes
BakitWhy.com, BakitWhy, the BakitWhy.com logo, Pilipino American Lifestyle, and all associated marks, names, graphics and images presented on BakitWhy.com are either ®, TM and/or © Copyright Kasama Media, LLC, 2008, variably registered in the United States and other countries around the world.